Facebook removes photos of victims of NATO-bombing
'We have removed content you posted'
We have removed the following content you posted or were the admin of because it violates Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities: photo
During several months, our Facebook account was closed for so called 'security reasons' and our name and our posts were not to find on Facebook anymore.
Today we attempt again to visit our Facebook account.
We received the message above.
This message gives the false impression that Facebook was blocking our Facebook account during the past months only for reason of the publication of this previously published photo and the so called 'violation of Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities'.
It is still impossible to visit our Facebook account. Facebook claims that we are now blocked from posting content on Facebook for 24 hours and wants again a 'security check'.
It was with this kind of difficult 'security checks' if you have more than 1.000 interested 'friends', and by our refusal to give our phone number for a check of the Facebook-police, that Facebook prevented us during several months to visit our account and that all our posts and research information were during all that time invisible.
It is not the first time that Facebook closed our account and that all our information and researches disappeared. Princess J. de Croÿ who worked around the Zandvoort childporn case, and many Palestinian activists were already victim of this 'subtle' form of censorship.
At the moment we wanted to publish this post, our internet connection was broken and the shocking picture of the seriously wounded girl, disappeared from this blog just after publication. Thus we were obliged to use a copy of the forbidden picture.
We published also some photos of president Barrack Obama and Facebook boss Marc Zückerberg on our Facebook account. The pictures show how they are drinking champaign and making jokes with some of their friends. At that moment Libya was bombed during day and night by NATO aircraft and missiles. I wonder or these pictures of the preachers of the 'Arab spring', are still online.
Jan Boeykens, president of Werkgroep Morkhoven
You are temporarily blocked
This is your second warning for violating Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. You are now blocked from posting content on Facebook for 24 hours. If you continue to abuse Facebook's features, your account could be permanently disabled.
Review the Facebook community standards
To keep your account in good standing, when your 24-hour block is over, please remove any remaining content on your account that violates the Facebook terms.<br><br>Learn more about our policies by reviewing the Facebook community standards: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/</a>
Please complete a security check
Security checks help keep Facebook trustworthy and free of spam.
- Identify photos of friends
- Verify my account with a phone number
Russia Wants ICC to Examine All NATO Bombings in Libya
MOSCOW, May 18 2012 (RIA Novosti) - Russia hopes that the International Criminal Court will consider all cases of NATO airstrikes in Libya that caused civilian casualties, Foreign Ministry human rights spokesman Konstantin Dolgov said in the statement published on the ministry’s website.
“We welcome the decision of ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo to consider alleged violations of international humanitarian law," the statement said. "We presume that the ICC will consider all cases of NATO bombing that caused civilian casualties.”
“The issue of civilian casualties during the NATO Libyan campaign has been repeatedly raised at the UN Security Council and the UN Council on Human Rights.”
“An impartial international investigation into the effects of NATO air strikes during Operation United Defender in Libya is necessary to prevent such tragedies in the future,” the statement said.
(There were some problems with the publication of this article)